Today I went in for my initial meeting with a trainer at LTF. We talked for about an hour, talking about goals, nutrition, exercise, and paths to get there.
For the record, my goals for this year are:
- To lose between 15-20 pounds by the end of February
- To maintain that weight loss through the end of the year
- To beat my current 5K “best time” of 42:17
- To complete all obstacles at the Diva Dash on May 25 without skipping any
- To be competitive in the Buschwhacked Mud Run in early November
I go in on Wednesday for the true physical assessment and metabolic screening, although I am going in tomorrow to try the Studio Cycle class.
While I was there today, I learned more about the “Commitment Day 5K” on New Year’s Day in downtown Dallas (and cities across the country). The person I met with said she and a group of her class students were going to participate and mostly walk it, and since it starts at 10am, I signed up for it.
I also started journaling my food again. That is, quite possibly, the most depressing part of this – the stuff I’m putting into my body without being conscious of it. I did have oatmeal this morning, and am going to have a wedge salad for dinner tonight, but thought that meant I could “splurge” a bit at lunch. Um, not so much. But it will get better. It will!!